[6pack] PDWA O-rings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] PDWA O-rings
From: <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:55:07 -0400
I am about to take the PDWA out my early '74-Six (leaking) and note that
different sources seem to specify differing sizes for the o-rings to be used. I
believe the original o-rings were square cut but that standard round profile
rings will work. Also, it appears VITON, EPDM, and some other compounds will
work well. http://www.marcorubber.com/material_chart.htm There seems to be some
disagreement between the Buckeye Triumphs site
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Brakes/MCPDWA/MC.htm and the VTR site
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/pdwa.shtml , regarding the correct size(s) to use.
I realize different years use different sizes (early vs. late TR) but that
doesn't seem to be clarified by either of these articles.
Also, any tips on PDWA piston removal (is compressed air the only/best way)?
Thanks for any help,
Dave
CF25194UO+TBI