RE: Fuel delivery problem

To: "Michael Campsmith" <MGC4@cdc.gov>,
Subject: RE: Fuel delivery problem
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:26:40 -0400
Mike:
Having had exactly the same problem a few years ago, I can say, almost with
certainty, that you have a clogged gas tank. Mine had been previously
"sealed" by a prior owner many years ago. That "sealing" eventually
detached itself from the walls of the gas tank and resembled a large
deflated balloon that floated around the gas tank and intermittently
blocked the outflow fuel line causing the car to stall unpredictably.  In
addition, my in line fuel filters were quickly filled with rust-like "dust"
as further proof that the source of the problem was the gas tank. Last, my
fuel filter was never more than 1/4 full.

Since having my tank rebuilt, my fuel filter is always full and clear and
the stalling problems vanished. Consider removing the tank and having it
rebuilt, or purchase a new one through Victoria British.

Hope this helps.
Bob
'75 TR6