RE: % of ODs?

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>,
Subject: RE: % of ODs?
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:22:00 -0500
I don't have any stats about volume although I have a feeling that most
of the cars sold in the UK had OD fitted and most of the cars exported
to the US did not. I think I read that the motivation was apparently to
keep the cost down and because the 55 mph speed limit at the time did
not justify the fitting of the OD.

As one data point I have a UK price list for the 1973 PI Model that
shows:

GBP 1620.73 (soft top), GBP 1699.06 (hard top)

Optional Extras:

Overdrive GBP 72.50
Tonneau Cover: GBP 15.71
Wire Wheels: GBP 53.17