Re: Electronic ignition

To: SamuelsMA@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 21:17:36 EDT
Just an opinion, but I would never go to an aftermarket electronic ignition
on any Triumph unless I was looking for top performance under race
conditions.  I have one, the MK 3 Spit converted and it is big time  modified
for
autocross. I don't drive it on the street.  The rest are  points except the
Wedges
which are factory electronic and not really known to be  reliable.  Why?
Basic, if the electronic ignition fails you are flat  out dead in the water, on
the
side on the road and all that rot. A lot of guys  with Petronics electronic
have learned to carry the points in the glovebox so  they can put them back in
and carry on when (not If) this conversion  fails.
Darrell