Re: Grose Jets

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grose Jets
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 19:37:58 -0700
Mike---A good seal between the carburetor and the jet is what we're
after here, so no fuel can enter the bowl unless the ball unseats.  The
setting of the float height should be the same as with the stock needle
valve.  Be sure no foreign material found its way into the new jets.

Neither the Grose jets of the factory jets will tolerate excess fuel
pressure, so if you have an electric pump, keep it below three lb.

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From: DaCRANEz@aol.com Date: Sun, May
15, 2005, 11:34am (PDT+3) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Grose jets
I installed Grose jets and noticed that they came with a thin fibre
washer rather than the thick aluminum washer used on the stock needle
valves. I set the floats to factory specs. Now have an exceedling rich
idle. Should I reset floats a little lower or install the thicker
washers? I haven't been able to lean up the carbs enough to compensate.
TIA
Mike C '71 TR6