Re: Front suspension

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front suspension
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 11:59:37 -0400
  Jim,

  Is there any particular reason you are trying to remove the stub axle?
I just stripped the rust and old paint off from mine, taped the areas I
didn't want to paint and primed and painted. Worked great.

  As for the replacing the rubber steering rack bushings with poly. I
did mine, once with the car on jack stands and once with the car on a
lift. Much easier with the car on a lift but a PITA either way. I
didn't take out the fan at all. It is just a tight fit in a place that
is hard to see. I had to do it by feel for the most part. The bushings
are held on by a metal cover and a u-bolt and accessed from the bottom
of the car. At least I think I am understanding your question
correctly, but maybe not. Does this make sense?

 Aaron

 Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108