Speedometer out of calibration?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer out of calibration?
From: "Steve Lindquist" <lindquistse@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:24:34 -0400
Yesterday I had my daughter drive behind me on a stretch of interstate
to check my speedometer.  At 70mph indicated on the TR she reported just
over 62 on her car.  I also have a tach that reads high by approximately
500 rpm,  no overdrive and tires that are 185SR15 on my TR250.  That
would make the circumference  about 5% greater than original, which
should make me faster than indicated, not slower.  Do these instruments
go out of cal, or is it more likely cable issues or ..?

Steve Lindquist
508.869.6709
lindquistse@charter.net