Mallory Distributor

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Mallory Distributor
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:21:43 -0700
Following up on Bob Lang's message on his distributor.

I just bought a Mallory Duel Point distributor for a TR6 on ebay.  The
model number is 2367801.  I plan to use this in my vintage race car.

On the current fast track car, I have an Electromotive crank fired
ignition.  Boy, is it nice -- can set the advance at idle, 3000 rpm and
8000 rpm just by turning knobs.  Took the car to the dyno when I first
installed it and placed around with the 3000 rpm level till we got the
best HP.  Played around with 8000 with both advance and roll oof,
neihter resulted in more power.  Too bad I cannot use this in vintage.

Chuck