Re: Ebay rule violation

To: <RedTriumphTr6@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay rule violation
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:03:33 -0400
Bob,

You have just had the pleasure in dealing with one of the more cantankerous
eBay sellers for TR parts. I also had a similar dealing with him, having a $45
high bid for cam bearings but did not meet the $50 reserve. $5? No big deal.
So I offered to buy for $50. HIs reply - "No, I don't want to sell to you." I
offered again. Another firm agitated negatory along with informing me that he
would block my email if I persisted. It was a very bizarre experience. I know
other listers have their own stories to tell about this guy. He seems to have
toned down his lengthy rantings in the body of the auction description which is
kind of disappointing as they were entertaining at times.

Don't feel guilty though , it's not worth it nor were you trying to cheat him.
However, eBay does not like sellers and buyers making deals off site, so to
speak, as it deprives them of fees. There are ways around this if the buyer is
receptive but do not use eBay's message feature to communicate such offerings
directly. Sometimes the seller includes an email address or phone number.

Lastly, I could be wrong, but $350 for a billet fan extension seems a bit
pricey. It is a fairly simple part for most competent garage machinists to
make (which he is, by the way). Try pricing it locally and see what you get.
As a rule his prices run from above average to insanely optimistic. And I
understand that the quality is at times (often?) questionable. That comment,
though, was made from another lister awhile ago. Simple advice - just steer
clear.

Good Luck,
Greg Dito
CD6250L
Chapel Hill, NC

> From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com

 I would like your input concerning an angry message I received today
 from an eBay seller of  machined and polished TR 6 parts (in Georgia, I
 think)...I thought he would like the chance to sell it to me for $300, which
is only $20 under the $320 price he originally listed the part to sell for...
To my shock and confusion, he sent me
 an email today in which advised that any future messages from me would be
blocked....
I also got an advisory email from eBay itself today which cautioned me
 about contacting any seller after an unsuccessful bid (but note that here I
never
 even bid on the item) , and telling me not to ask to purchase an eBay listed
 item directly from a seller once bidding has ended.  I was unaware of this
 rule...and feel terribly that this seller now thinks I was out to cheat
him......
I feel that I owe him the additional $50 now, given the confusion I created.
Did I get into the
 middle of some dispute between these two guys?
Help me out if you can,