RE: Lucas distributors, caps, and rotors

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <peb3@cornell.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas distributors, caps, and rotors
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:36:00 -0400
Hi Joe:

I'm glad you don't mind filing points; I hate it. I have so thoroughly enjoyed
the fact of never having to adjust the Crane system in 6 years, despite the
fact that the car was in rebuild, stuck in strange locations for months, and
then driven normally and never stored in a nice warm place, that I would never
return to points. That said, I do keep a point set in a bag in the boot just in
case I ever get stuck on the roadside. $130 to have consistently adjusted
timing all the time? Cheap.

Mark
1972 TR6