RE: TR6/5 Ignition advance curves

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6/5 Ignition advance curves
From: "Santamaria, Joseph \(Joseph\)" <jsantamaria@avaya.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 05:25:28 +1000
Many thanks to Vance and Davis and the offlist replies from other Ausies
(John and David)who had some valuable local experts to recommend.

The NZ club site had some really good info but only gave the maximum
centrifigul advance figures for the different engines.

In my Saloon Triumph workshop manual it actually gives the advance
figures for specific amounts of revs (ie degrees advance at 1000, 2000,
3000 RPM etc) and the Lucas Injection Manual (Red book) gives the
metering unit specs for Saloons and TR's (so fuel is covered).

**What I'm stll looking for is the number of degrees centrifugal advance
at specific sample revs for a TR5/6 so I can check the whole advance
curve on the distributor. I guess this may be in the TR5/6 workshop
manual as it was for the Saloon.

Does anyone have that extra fine detail.

John(Australia) has pointed out that the advance curves and metering may
need to take into account the weight difference in the saloon and TR as
well which I will get back to John about.

Thanks again for the replies so far.

Joe Santamaria - Eastwood, Sydney, Australia
TSOA-NSW Club Member
 * mailto:jsantamaria@avaya.com

71 2.5 PI Saloon Auto (daily driver)
73 2.5 PI Saloon (wanna-be sprint car one day - not because its good but
its cheap)
69 2.5 PI Saloon with TR6 Cam-CR series engine (manual overdrive-daily
driver) I love this car.
76 Stag (daily-driver)