RE: 200 MPG Carburetor

To: "michael lunsford" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 200 MPG Carburetor
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:24:35 -0400
Hi Mike:

It's pretty easy to see a 200 mpg carburetor; just drive a moped sedately on
the flat and you should manage quite nicely. :^)

Of course, people seem to talk about this 200 mpg thing as being a bolt-on for
an existing car, typically some old V-8. OK, say you get 25 mpg with a fairly
effective setup on a 3500 lb. car. The numbers I have seen on the internal
combustion engine all put the setup at about 20% efficiency. So if 25 mpg is
20% efficiency then to get 200 mpg you only have to get 160% efficiency out of
your carburetor without changing anything else. I'm sure that can't be too hard
can it? We should all forget perpetual motion and strive for perpetual
acceleration instead.

Mark