Re: Ignition

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:43:27 -0800
Randy---It is more common for owners to tell us when something  Doesn't
work, when installed in their TR.  Such is the case for several who have
used the Pertronics triggering system.  Their advantage, when they work
as designed,
is a low maintenance way to do what the points did. I don't think they
have any parts to wear out, or need adjusted after once properly
installed.
Magnetic triggers are also supposed to cancel out the effect of any
wobble in the distributor shaft, keeping timing more correct.

This system by itself should not create a hotter spark, if that is what
one is after.

I still use points, along with the MSD unit. As such, one  can get
50,000 miles out of a set.

I've just never used the Pertronics unit, nor found the need. Better to
dance with the devil that you know??

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From:
sandner@worldnet.att.net(j randolph sandner) Date: Fri, Mar 4, 2005,
3:20pm (PST+3) To: tr6taylor@webtv.net Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
(triumphs), 6pack@autox.team.net (6pack) Subject: ignition
hi dick,
why do or don't i want to put a petronics in my 74.5 tr6? randy sandner
74.5 tr6
littleton co