RE: Ignition

To: "'Kai M. Radicke'" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>,
Subject: RE: Ignition
From: "Rick & Lori O" <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:01:56 -0500
I agree with Kai on all points.  The weak link with our stock TR's is
finding a suitable distributor cap that won't fail under the higher voltage
potentials that a great set of cables and a fat plug gap allow.  I've gone
through many caps (Lucas & no-names) that just couldn't handle the voltage
without eventually arcing inside the cap between the towers.  The only
solution I've found was to reduce the plug gaps to reduce the firing
potential.  If anyone can weigh in on this issue, please do!

Rick O.

'72 TR6