Re: Gearbox removal

To: RobertBreazeale@msn.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox removal
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:58:26 EST
In a message dated 3/4/2005 2:19:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
RobertBreazeale@msn.com writes:

> Both the Bentley and Haynes manuals indicate to remove the gearbox from
> inside the car, lifting it up and out.  Has anyone attempted to remove it by
>
> lowering it with a transmission jack?  Seems straight forward enough and it
> would certainly be easier on the back.
>
> Robert Breazeale
> Folsom, California
> '68 TR250 CD1553L

I have done quite a few of them over the years by the book.  Not really that
bad but harder to get back in than take out.  I am going to say that the
gearbox unit will not clear the frame/floorboards/mounts etc. from the bottom
if
that what you are thinking.  But I admit, I have never seen a Transmission Jack.
Cheers,
Darrell
68 TR250  CD5521LO