Re: Gearbox removal

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, RobertBreazeale@msn.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox removal
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:10:58 EST
I have a transmission jack and unless I am removing the engine separately I
still take it out from the top.  The problem beside the one mentioned with the
frame is the length of the shaft that extends through the clutch, etc., which
is what makes it more difficult to install too!  You have to be able to move
the transmission forward enough to clear the frame before it can drop and back
out.  The engine being bolted down prevents this.

I know this probably sounds silly to most but why don't you just remove the
engine and transmission as one unit?  Not that much additional work if you have
an engine lift and a whole lot easier to reinstall.  You can also replace
engine mounts, do touch up work, detail engine bay, etc., while it is out of
the
way.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua