Re: Rebush Front suspension

To: "Peter Macholdt" <vze2846b@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Rebush Front suspension
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:02:33 -0500
Vance wrote:

> My experience with urethane bushings is that there *IS* a
> noticeable increase in harshness (in my case, it was
> replacing the rear swing arm bushings with urethane), and
> they *DO* squeak unless special measures are taken.

Hmm... after some time spent postulating why Vance feels his TR6 had a harsh
ride, I have found the answer.  He is one of those 6'5" TR6 owners and in a
crazed fit one day he removed the drivers seat in order to gain more leg
room.  Ever since he has been sitting directly on the carpetted floor.

Vance, I really think if you reinstall the driver's seat you'll find the
ride of the TR6 much more pleasurable!

Now all joking aside, I do agree with Vance's suggestion about taking a ride
in a similarly modifed vehicle to determine if you like the results of a
particular modification.  My personal taste is for a very tight and firm
suspension, I have gone this way in all of my vehicles - this is also one of
the reasons I hate driving my pick-up truck.  If I wanted to drive in a
waterbed, I guess I would find something that met that desire.

Whatever your bushing preference, a rebushed suspension using new bushings
is still light years better than worn out old rubber bushings in every
possible way!

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke