Re: Rebush Front suspension

To: 6Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rebush Front suspension
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:23:46 -0800 (PST)
You beat me to it Kai.  I was going to relay the same message.  I
originally rebushed my car with standard rubber many years ago and the
stuff fell apart in short order.  When I heard about Richard's bushings
while at a TRF summer party, I decided to rebush using his nylatron.  I
have had these on my car for many years and I don't find the ride to be
a problem at all.  It is very responsive (no slop), but not at all
harsh or jarring.  This car has been driven in the Philly PA area and
Detroit MI area, neither of which are known for smooth roads!  Many
thousands of miles and no complaints.  Well...maybe one complaint.
They squeak on speed bumps, but only because in my haste during
assembly I neglected to follow Richard's instructions - lube the
bushings up before installing!!!

One question though, anyone know the life expectancy of nylatron versus
polyurethane?  I wonder which would wear out faster...

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250