Re: Front Brakes

To: Bob Rothstein <rgrothstein@yahoo.com>, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Front Brakes
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:47:32 +0000
Bob,

Normally, When you increase HP, you would want to build better brakes. Also,
just replacing the rear drums would be good idea, since 4 wheel disc would
always be better.

But I'm not sure what would be gained, on a normal 100+HP TR6. To me anemic
braking is due to the age and condition of the brake components, If they were
in top notch condition, then they should be great performers. Better stopping
is always nice, but 4 piston calipers, and slotted roters sound like real
performace products, not just a simple upgrade to the originals.

I did my brakes, by replacing the entire system, with newly rebuilt components,
including the calipers, booster, and MC. I also replaced all the brake lines.
This to me would be the best system for the money, but if I was adding 75HP,
and some track tires, and was looking at some autocross fun, then the 4 wheel
disc system from Moss would be more appealing.

GH
--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net