head removal

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: head removal
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:49:11 EST
Just an update:  thanks for all who responded about my stuck cylinder head.
After a wees of twice daily soaking with penetrating oil, I was only able to
remove 5 studs.  The head would "wiggle" so I figured it was just bound up some
how.  I bolted a chain to either end of the head, and using an engine hoist,
it jumped right off.  After 10 hours in the shop, the tranny and engine are
out, the engine is apart and ready for the machine shop.  The boxes of new
parts
are sitting in a nice little pile....the fun begins!
Wish me luck
Joe Davis