Re: head removal

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: head removal
From: Ed Bratt <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:36:41 -0600
Joe:

It is just about free if it wiggles or rocks.  I helped free a stuck head on
my brothers MGB using a couple of cold chisels as wedges, and a pair of
prybars once we had a gap big enough to get them in between the head and
block.  I don't remove the head studs when removing a head.  Usually I smack
the head from side to side with a mallet, or a large hammer and a short
length of 2 x 4.  That almost always breaks it free.

Ed