head removal

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: head removal
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:13:50 EST
I know this has been beaten to death, but....I haven't been able to get my
head off...yet.  The motor is still in the car, and I'm able to "rock" the head
a little, so I know it is free.  I've been succesfull in removing only a few
of the head bolts.  I've tried the double nut method, but no matter how I
tighten the nuts together, they both spin off without pulling the stud.   Any
suggestions?  I'm tempted to use the engine lift to pull the head off.   Must
the
studs be pulled out to remove the head.  Otherwise, I'm afraid the rocking will
damage the head bolts.  Given the contortions I'm putting myself through, it
might be easier to remove the head with the engine out of the car (which I'm
doing anyway).
Joe Davis