engine disassembly question

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: engine disassembly question
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:37:10 -0400
Hi folks
I disassembled my engine yesterday. A couple of questions: Can someone please
describe how the  crank timing gear, oil thrower is removed?  I don't know how
to get the key out.  Also, how do you determine the health of the timing gears?
 The teeth on mine are pretty pointed.  I was hoping to reuse the gears if for
no other reason than to use the timing marks. Is the expensive chain that TRF
offers worth the money compared to the less expensive?  Does the Richard Good
GP2 cam ($300) offer an advantage to TSI S2 cam ($120.00)?
Joe Davis

Check out the new British Cars Forum: