Oil light short and bad hood release mechanism...

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil light short and bad hood release mechanism...
From: Josh Tarnow <jjtarnow@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:10:53 -0700 (PDT)
Okay, so I have now experienced my very first Lucas electrical problem (and it
only took 6 months to happen!). My oil light came on and the oil level is smack
in the middle of the marks. Is this the sending unit? Is it a short? I would
love to hear any/all suggestions regarding how I should tackle the problem.
Also, I ordered (from one of the big three) and installed a new hood latch
mechanism (the recieving base attached to the fire wall) and it seems to sit
considerably more angled down than the original mechanism. My latch (part you
press to open the hood AFTER you have already pulled from inside the car) has a
very difficult time matching up to the recieving loop too. Prior to my making a
blanket statement that this supplier made a horrible part is there something I
am doing wrong? There doesn't seem like much room to move the part on the fire
wall and if I shim  the lower portion it seem like it will alter the angle of
attack and cause a whole new host of problems (like not getting the hood open!).

Josh
'76 TR6