Re: Oil light short and bad hood release mechanism...

To: jjtarnow@yahoo.com (Josh Tarnow)
Subject: Re: Oil light short and bad hood release mechanism...
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:40:54 -0700 (PDT)
Josh---On the oil warning light staying on...I don't have all that much
time in on diagnosing electrical problems. My '73 has been more or less
trouble-free in most of these areas. One's that I've come across with
this light staying on turned out to be either a faulty oil pressure
sending switch at the block, and another was wired incorrectly. Dan
Master's schematic shows the correct connections for these three wires.

On the hood latch, or "catching plate" as TRF calls it...My catching
plate is bolted  vertical at the firewall, and slopes down at about a 10
deg. angle where the spring loaded striker pin enters.
The spring cup is on the same plane as the catch plate when they meet.
The safety hook contacts its upside-down "J" hook near their centers.
(Sorry. No reference for this part to go by) There is some adjustment in
the hood mounting bracket for alignment purposes.

Start with this spring adjusted for an overall length of 3-1/8 inches.
That'll get you in the ball park so far as release tension, etc.

That's the way this is on my '73. TRF does not show a change in hardware
for your '76.

Dick