Hazard Follies - Part 3

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hazard Follies - Part 3
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:48:29 EDT
To those who helped me a few weeks back on this (and anyone else who wants to
chime in) I've made some progress on my challenge of restoring my hazard
flashers/turn signals after pulling out my TR6 dash to refinish.  But I'm still
not there and was hoping someone might have an idea that I missed something
simple before I go through hours of wire tracing.  Here's what I have and what
I'm
experiencing:

New hazard switch - checked and appears to be OK
New hazard flasher
New bullet/sleeve connectors under dash

With ignition switch in OFF position, flashers work as expected; with
ignition switch ON I get steady lamps at all four corners.  I also do not have
turn
signals with switch ON (not supposed to work with switch OFF, correct?) I did
as Dan Master's book suggests and jump the turn signal flasher from battery to
test and signals do work this way.  I assume I might have something in the
ignition switch gone bad but it looks OK.  Since I've been working inside the
dash I have the speedo disconnected (as well as voltage stabilizer) and the
ground wires to speedo and tach off, but I don't think this could be it.  Have
missed something simple here?  I assume I have but have been running out of
ideas.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6 (electrically challenged)