Chrome vs. painted wire wheels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Chrome vs. painted wire wheels
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:17:58 EDT
Hi folks,
I need to replace two of my Dunlop painted wire wheels.  They are too far out
of round to be trued.  I'm going for the Dayton's this time, as the consensus
seems to be that they are a far better product.  My dilemma is that two of
the wheels are just fine.  To keep peace in the household, I should probably
just buy two painted wheels for $360.00....but the chrome is tempting ($996.00
for all four from TRF).  Other than the aesthetics, Is there any advantage to
the chrome compared to the painted? Do the concourse judges have an opinion?
If
I had to buy all 4 wheels, the choice would be easy, as the chrome are only
$60.00 more per wheel. But, it's hard to justify the price.  It's amazing how
much I've spent on this LBC
Joe Davis