Stub axle thread revisited

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stub axle thread revisited
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:49:19 +0000
Hello all,

   Something in a past thread just filtered through in "my world".  Someone
said, in their experience,  the stub axle of a TR6 would break before the
swingarm.  If  you elaborated and I missed it, could you please again?  I
have those custom splined TR6 stub axles in my GT6+ carriers ( uprights ,
vertical links ) and fat, sticky tires.  Any steel in excess of 1 inch looks
substantial to me, but "Knowledge is Power" or in this case, survival.