Re: An almost disasterous moment..valves

To: Alan & Debbie Lindner <theedge@cts.com>
Subject: Re: An almost disasterous moment..valves
From: Richard Good <goodparts@desupernet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:10:40 -0400
Alan,

I have a document on my web site at http://www.goodparts.com under "technical
documents" that has a chart showing head thickness vs. compression ratio.

Did I understand correctly that you do not have enough threads sticking out the
top of the rocker for the nut? When the compression ratio was lowered to 7.75:1
the adjusters were exchanged for longer ones to compensate for the thicker head.
The early ones are about 1.062" long and the later ones are 1.155" long. If you
have the short ones, exchanging them for the long ones will give you more
threads
on top for the nut.

The original nuts do strip easily. I recommend replacing them with grade 8 nuts.
The thin nuts are called a jam nut. Grade 8 jam nuts may be hard to find. I have
some in stock if you need them.

Richard Good
Good Parts