Re: An almost disasterous moment..valves

To: "Alan & Debbie Lindner" <theedge@cts.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: An almost disasterous moment..valves
From: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:41:36 -0400
Alan:
Yes, the nuts are narrower than  conventional ones. The narrowness is to
facilitate getting a screwdriver on the head of the adjustment screw as it
moves "in and out" of the nut. There aren't many threads, and they can
easily strip. I would check yours to ensure the threads are okay. Original
replacements are available at the usual suppliers and even local hardware
stores may have them. If yours is stripped, a same thread regular nut can be
used temporarily.

I don't understand how the rocker struck the valve cover. I don't have an
OEM cover. Maybe those were very close fitting. I'm sure someone else on the
list can comment on how that may have occurred.

Bob Fabie
'75 TR6