car value question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: car value question
From: mbarre@juno.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:57:21 GMT
I am headed to Alaska for a few years and decided to put my 71 TR-6 up on the
block to see what offers I could get vice storing it.  I am not getting out of
the Triumph hobby as I will be keeping my 8 and TR3A project that I will leave
with a good body man to work on.

Anyway, the only serious guy I have heard from so far is a guy in Atlanta who
reports to have flipped 20 + Triumphs in the last 10 months.  I am not against
someone making a few hundred $$ off the car if he has the connections,
dealsmanship, and ability to buff it up to make a sale, but I don't want to
give it away either.

What would be a reasonable value on a 71 with a 10K TRF rebuilt motor,
virtually new Panasports w/ redlines, good interior, good mechanical, J type
overdrive, dual webers?  It is black exterior, black interior.  It was 3rd
place peoples choice at 2 VTR national meets - Savannah and Ashville.  I
completed a body off in the late 80's and have only put 25K miles at most on it.

The car is in Mobile, AL.

Thanks,
Matt Barre