RE: look ma, no overdrive!

To: "'Vink, Graham'" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Subject: RE: look ma, no overdrive!
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:58:30 -0800
        Graham:

        There are two A type overdrive trannies on eBay at the moment. You
can
also contact Quantum Mechanics (www.quantumechanics.com) for a rebuild unit.
        The simplest thing to do is going to be a swap with an overdrive
tranny, although you could buy the overdrive separately and add it on.
This is not for the faint of heart, however, as you would need to swap the
mainshaft for the overdrive version, add lockout switches to the top cover,
and add a speedometer angle drive. This is enough work that you would
probably want to do an overhaul while you were at it.

        Cheers,

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom