Re: speedo survey

To: jay_welch@juno.com
Subject: Re: speedo survey
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:10:36 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 jay_welch@juno.com wrote:

> Bob,

Hi.

> What would be the easiest way to determine which set you have??

Count the revs of the pinion required to turn the wheel once (or
visa-versa).

> If I
> have the covers removed, can I just count the teeth on the ring gear??

No, you have to count the teeth on both the ring and the pinion.

> Are all of the pinion gears the same??

No. They are def. not the same.

If I remember tonite, I'll count some teeth and share to the list. I think
this info is published in one of the Triumph TR books (like Chris Harvey),
but I could be wrong on that too.

> Thanks,
> Jay

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |