Re: racing schools/2 cents

To: "Drew Palavage" <palavagedrew@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: racing schools/2 cents
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:56:39 -0600
>You guys that race out there, what do you
> think of these programs?

Well, I'm not a guy, but I have gone through Bob Bondurant's High
Performance driving course twice. It is the best fun you can
have...especially in the winter (it's in Phoenix and I live in NW Illinois).
You have a minimum of classroom time and maximum of behind the wheel
adventures. The instructors are all pro or semi pro drivers. The cars are
newer souped up Mustangs.

The training covers understeer/oversteer, panic stops...real world skills
that you might need driving on some of our interstates.

I liked the BB school since the Raceway is its permanent home. I also did a
Skip Barber "traveling" school at Road America. It was OK, but I liked the
BB school better. Warm weather and fast cars..what more could one ask for??

Valerie Stabenow, 62 MGA MkII, 67 TR4a, 69 XK-E FHC, 73 TR-6, 81 Corvette
Coupe