Re: Steering rack mount conversion

To: "Alan & Debbie Lindner" <theedge@cts.com>
Subject: Re: Steering rack mount conversion
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:06:27 -0600
FWIW, I had purchased the Moss solid mounts several years ago for my
car.  After they had been in for about 2 years, I had occasion to take one
of them off and was unpleasantly surprised to find that it had cracked and
broken along the groove where the clamp holds it.  I promptly went back to
rubber mounts.

One thing that I did think of much later is the possibility that I had
overtightened the nuts.  I've since purchased the Moss quick ratio rack
that also comes with solid mounts and they are constructed completely
differently as they don't use a U-bolt to hold them in place.

Maybe I was just unlucky or did something wrong but I think that I'd look
into the urethane mounts instead of the solid mounts.

Rob
74 TR6