Re: Steering rack mount conversion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering rack mount conversion
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:12:56 -0800 (PST)
Alan and Debbie

You have received a lot of posts on this subject.

Part of your question was " they would have built
them this way"  The TR-4 did have solid rack
mounts.  There were complaints from some owners,
sorry  ladies, that there was to much vibration
in the steering wheel that it hurt the hands.  So
Triumph heard the public and supplied a more
American feel to the steering.

I agree with Tim and the others that the
Goodparts solid mounts are a much stouter mount.

Dale.

--- Alan & Debbie Lindner <theedge@cts.com>

http://sports.yahoo.com