RE: paint type

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: paint type
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:55:21 -0700

Hi Jim,

I could mistaken, but I believe the "proper" torque for the stock TR6 wheels
(well, the steel wheels anyway) is ~55 ft-lb. Or rather, that's the spec in
the Bentley manual if I recall correctly. I also seem to recall someone
posting a note to either here or the triumphs list stating that if the steel
wheels are over torqued, over time they will develop cracks at the lug
holes. For some reason I seem to think Bob Lang might have been the poster
of that note. Bob, do you recall anything about this?

Of course, YMMV.

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO