Re: paint type

To: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@home.com>
Subject: Re: paint type
From: Jim Davis <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:47:36 -0500
I've painted brake drums on cars since the 60's and have never had a
problem with wheels loosening for the reason your brother gives. If one
properly torques the lug nuts to 80-90 flbs. I don't think a thin coat
of engine enamel is going to cause  a wheel to
come loose. Of course, I've been wrong before...
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U