springs

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: springs
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:37:45 -0400
I'm getting ready to replace all of my suspension bushings and I have a
question about springs. My rear springs are sagging, especially the left
side. Do the spring spacers work OK, or should I open my wallet and install
new springs?

While I'm in there, I'm sure my 27 yr old lever shocks are worn out. Are the
tube shock conversions from Moss OK? Will they work with 205/70-15 tires?
The catalog says something about "no wider than 185-15 or 195/15".

Can the lever shocks be rebuilt at home, or is it a machine shop job?

Thanks

Walt Philipson
wphilipson@bigfoot.com
TR-6    1974