Re: Door Lock Installation - HELP!!!

To: "Jester, Chad \(GEAE\)" <chad.jester@ae.ge.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door Lock Installation - HELP!!!
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:11:55 -0400
Hi Chad,

Sounds like thick paint.  I've had the same trouble.  First, make sure that the
metal around the hole in the door is as flat as possible and there is nothing
sticking up on the inside. You might then try having someone hold a good sized
piece of steel against the outside of the lock and use a small punch & hammer to
carefully tap the door sheet metal next to the lock cylinder and the end of the
little clip.  This usually drives the sheet metal out enough so the end of the
clip can slip by the metal.

Good Luck,

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (repairing damage from fender bender)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)

Subject: Door Lock Installation - HELP!!!