Re: Temperature Gauge interaction with Fuel gauge?

To: bvdstee1@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temperature Gauge interaction with Fuel gauge?
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:39:05 -0400
I do not have the wiring diagram with me at this moment, but
maybe,...just maybe these two problems are linked to the
voltage regulator. i am not sure about your 72 '6 (i have a 76 model)
but it is located behind the speedo (or is it the tach?).
well, when my reg. went bad (years ago-hence the bad memory) it effected
several gauges:the fuel gauge would read ZIP/ZERO.

just a place to start. again, i could be completely wrong.

good luck/cheers,

james