Re: A type O/D

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>,
Subject: Re: A type O/D
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:39:06 -0400
Kai, you're absolutely correct, a drill is a great way to do a quick test on a
gearbox & OD.   I've used just such an arrangement.

My problem was that a drill makes a hell of a racket that can really get to you
after a few hours, even with ear plugs.   My primary interest was finding leaks
which sometimes takes several hours and several heating - cooling cycles.
Also, I was unable to figure out a good way to mount the drill, and my time is
far too valuable to stand there and hold it for a couple hours.

Nelson

there is a far simpler and just