RE: SU HS6 emissions setup

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SU HS6 emissions setup
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:12:41 -0600

Hi Dick,

I missed the start of this thread but... the EGR port in the cyl head takes
a 3/4-UNF thread (so it's not a pipe thread). I used a set screw of that
size. That's one of those screws/bolts which has no shouldered head but
rather a recessed Allen wrench fitting. Makes for a cleaner looking install.
I had no trouble getting this set screw from a local fastener shop (look up
fasteners in the yellow pages, and bring the EGR valve jam nut along if
possible to positively match the thread). I was able to install it on my car
so that the top of the set screw is flush with the cyl head surface.

HTH.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO