Re: SU HS6 emissions setup

To: "Jerry Shaw" <jcs104@home.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU HS6 emissions setup
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@covad.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:48:16 -0700
Jerry:

I am running the SU's and love them. The carbs that I am currently running I
built from a Volvo application I had to drill and press the crankcase vent
hose nipples(obtained from a hobby shop carrying the brass tube)I don't know
your particular carb origin but most applications already have these in
place the hoses for the crankcase are hooked up as you would the ZS's,the
hoses to float bowl are easier to just disregard and be sure to CAP THE
NIPPLE FROM THE CANISTER to the float bowl vents(to prevent debris fom
entering the canister mainly at shutdown because as you probably know vacuum
is applied. Unless you want to oversize the bowl vents and install the
required nipples for the existing connection to the canister
    I am curious what application did your carbs come from? because I had to
drill #55 tapping into the bottom on the intake side of the throttleplate to
keep the same performance that the retard unit gave, I tried a distributor
from a GT6 and even after tinkering around with the weights and springs I
was unable to get it right so I had to modify that part also. I am currently
using the needles Coded SW for the TR4 application with good performance and
Emmisions as far as all indications go with ColorTune and feel of the
acceleration. I peviously posted regarding these same needles stating that
my spark plugs indicated rich but that was because I failed to keep them
clean in between experiments.
 good luck on the conversion and keep us posted on the progress.

Brooks
Atlanta GA
74   CF28658UO