Manifold paint/coating-again!

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Manifold paint/coating-again!
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 04:51:15
Hello List:
I sure hope this message goes through.  I'm not sure why I've been sending
out blank messages of late but, after some hard-drive repair, I should be
running ok.

Anyhoo - I've rebuilt the carbs ('69 TR6) and will be removing the manifolds
this weekend to renew the gaskets, bolts, etc.  The exhaust manifold is
typically rusty but is otherwise ok.  The intake manifold doesn't look too
bad; with just a few corrosion spots here and there.  It still retains it's
silver color and may clean up nicely with mineral spirits after its removal.
  I've located a local company to bead blast the units.

I've been looking at mail-order high-temp paint; a cast iron gray for the
exhaust and "brilliant matte silver" for the intake manifold.  Does the
silver sound reasonably correct for my car?  What experiences have anyone
out there had with the high temp paints?  I know that powder coating is an
option but want to say within a certain budget.  I've searched the 6PACK
archives for this info as well.

Thanks for your assistance.  Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L
Woodinville, WA