Re: Electronic Ignitions

To: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignitions
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:24:38 -0500
This may or may not help you, but I've been running a Crane XR700 for about
7 or so years now w/o any problems.  I'm using a Crane "chrome" coil, and
followed the instructions with the kit and added the ballast resistor.  As
far as wiring, the low tension end, I believe, does not change.  For the
high tension end I am using Crane 8.5mm wires.  For plugs, I switched about
3 years ago to NGKBP5ES's, and I like them best of any I've tried.  They
always look clean.  Gap I think is slightly wider than stock for probably no
good reason.

The Petronix usit is probably just as reliable than the Crane.  There is a
spark-box with the Crane unit though, which will need mounting.

Again, HTH
Kevin