Re: Clutch confusion

To: jamdav@woodward.com (Jim Davis)
Subject: Re: Clutch confusion
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:54:52 -0800 (PST)
Jim---The "best" clutch kit seems to depend on how many times one's had
to redo the clutch using standard proceedures and parts. The 'I've had
it! and I'm not going to do this again' camp will go for the most
expensive, or "magic" package, double-pin the fork to the shaft, and
then weld the sucker. Hopefully this would put and end to the chirping,
sticking and all to soon growling of these parts. Still others would say
to steer clear of the Borg&Beck brand, with the stiffer pressure plate.
It really depends where you're at in this lineup. If you've had at least
40,000 miles of good service with whatever you're now using, I'd say to
duplicate these parts with new ones of the same make.

Dick T.