(No Subject)

To: "6pack@autox.team.net " <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: (No Subject)
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:43:35 -0800
Brian wrote:

"Daily Driver"How about ONLY DRIVER?Many people drive their TR every day
but have a backup car.How many people depend on their lbc?
Like if it don't start, you don't work that day.
No, I drive a real car every day.Brian

Brian,
This time last year I became a TR6 daily drive and depended on it. I bought the
car in November or '88 and had it driveable by 12/88. No sooner did I do so
when teh '89 Mitsubishi Montero I was driving died in traffic. I dropped a
valve. It sat in my driveway for 8 months till I finally had it towed to get
fixed(as I wasnt gettting round to it too quickly). During that time, the TR6
stayed in the road except for 3 days where I had to replace a toasted throw out
bearing and clutch. Other things went bad like the seals in clutch and brake
master cylinders, the water pump, alternator regulator but it stayed in the
road. I figure I was working the bugs of it sitting up with the PO(who had it
for 15 years and only put 30K on it). I put 7K on it in those first 8 months.
It was frigid too as my blower(for the heater) wasnt working. Yet, I enjoyed
it, especially Spring. I got the Montero running again and now I'm driving it
mostly so I can tinker with the TR and get things right(body work, eletricals,
etc). Namely all the things I let slide while I was just trying to stay in the
road. I think Ill enjoy it more now that I dont have to worry about things like
whether my blinker is working so I dont get rear ended and stuff like that. At
this point I've worked most of the bugs out I think it will become the car you
want to have......just go and hop in it an drive off when the mood strikes you.
Daily driving is nice but I'm glad I'm now getting a chance to fix the car up
like I want it so I can drive really enjoy it more.

Steve Nabors
'74 TR6
B'ham AL