zmagnette

Re: [Zmagnette] Problem <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.team

To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Problem <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>
From: charles durning <durningcharles@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:12:01 -0600

--089e0122aefe216e0c04ec947867

Arch,

There is a screen filter in the bottom of the tank,  You can get to it
through a hole in the bottom of the body.  may not be the problem if your
tank is clean and you have been using clean fuel.  My first guess is the
draw tube in the top of the tank.  I had a similar problem with my ZB when
I first got it.  When I pulled the fitting from the top of the tank the
draw tube stayed in the tank.  I was able to get the tube out with the
screen on the bottom.  My tube was soldiered into the fitting and the
soldier joint had given up.  It was an easy job to reattach the tube to the
fitting.

Charlie Durning

If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is watching.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Arch Boston <arch.boston@twc.com> wrote:

> My car has been driving me nuttier recently.  It would be bopping along
> just fine running pretty good for an old gal.  Then, without warning, try
> its damned ness to die.  Bleeping the throttle with AAA thoughts in my head
> it would come back to life.  So, this afternoon I started the shotgun
> approach.  Replaced the fuel pump, replaced the fuel filter and when I took
> the vice grips off the line from the tank no fuel went into the filter.
>  Loosened clamps to filter and still no gas leaving the tank.  I am
> assuming there is a filter in the tank that filters gas before it exits
> tank.  Yes?  No?
>
> Sent from my iPad

--089e0122aefe216e0c04ec947867

it through a hole in the bottom of the body.=A0 may not be the problem if y=
our tank is clean and you have been using clean fuel.=A0 My first guess is =
the draw tube in the top of the tank.=A0 I had a similar problem with my ZB=
 when I first got it.=A0 When=A0I pulled the fitting from the top of the ta=
nk the draw tube stayed in the tank.=A0 I was able to get the tube out with=
 the screen on the bottom.=A0 My tube was soldiered into the fitting and th=
e soldier joint had given up.=A0 It was an easy job to reattach the tube to=
 the fitting.<br clear=3D"all">
hing.</font></div>
n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:arch.boston@twc.com"; target=3D"_blank">=
DDING-LEFT:1ex" class=3D"gmail_quote">My car has been driving me nuttier re=
cently. =A0It would be bopping along just fine running pretty good for an o=
ld gal. =A0Then, without warning, try its damned ness to die. =A0Bleeping t=
he throttle with AAA thoughts in my head it would come back to life. =A0So,=
 this afternoon I started the shotgun approach. =A0Replaced the fuel pump, =
replaced the fuel filter and when I took the vice grips off the line from t=
he tank no fuel went into the filter. =A0Loosened clamps to filter and stil=
l no gas leaving the tank. =A0I am assuming there is a filter in the tank t=
hat filters gas before it exits tank. =A0Yes? =A0No?<br>
e.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <=
a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.ne=
t/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blank">http://www=