tvr

RE:

To: "'jon'" <jonaxt@pacifier.com>
Subject: RE:
From: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:25:19 -0400
What you have is called "Triumph spindle flex" In hard turns the rotor
pushes the pistons back in the caliper. The first pump of the pedal
pushes the pistons back out with no braking effect. Takes two pumps to
get brakes.
I race a TR3 and have learned after certain turns and before the next
turn,
Left foot brake to push the pistons back to the rotor. Also confuses the
hell out of those behind you. The spindle is too small for the load. You
can also install a one-way pressure valve that holds pressure on the
line. Helps a little but also causes the brakes to "drag" a little. I
think Wilwood makes some of the valves. Learn to use that left foot or
install a larger spindle.
Dean Tetterton